Sunday 15 January 2012

Nursery and early years learning

We have decided that for now we really cant afford to send Logan our 2 year old to nursery for last term he only went 2 afternoons a week for 2 and a half hours and it was costing us around £80 every 6 weeks! It might not seem a lot for some but certainly is if you live on  a budget and as a pregnant stay at home mum I'm not bringing in anything extra to add to our family income.  At the moment he doesnt really seem to be gaining anything from being at nursery.
So until he turns 3 and is entitled to 15 hours free we have decided to take advantage of playgroups instead. A lot of them are free and as I can stay with him he will get the 1 to 1 help around other children that I feel he really still needs.
His speech is still limited and all of the speech therapy sessions we have come across clash with his nursery sessions so we will also be able to attend those with out still having to pay for nursery when he has to miss his session there!
I wont lie I am taking it as a positive for myself as well, I hated sending him to nursery knowing that people wouldnt understand what he wants due to his lack of speech, me and logan have a very close bond and I know exactly what he wants from a simple facial expression.
I do keep wondering if its the right thing to do but Lexi didnt start nursery until she was 3, 1 year before she started school and she settled much better than Logan did into nursery and loved it from day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment